Memphis Depay reaches agreement to stay at Corinthians
The Dutch forward has accepted a reduction in money owed to him as part of a revised financial package with the Brazilian club.

Memphis Depay is set to remain at Corinthians after the two sides reached a revised agreement over his contract and outstanding payments. The 32-year-old had appeared likely to extend his expiring deal before the club said financial pressures could force it to let him leave on a free transfer.
Talks subsequently resumed, with Corinthians president Stabile confirming that an agreement had been reached. “Everything is in order,” he said, as reported by Voetbal International, adding that Depay and his representatives had lowered the amount involved after a personal discussion.
According to ESPN’s Brazilian operation, the new package is worth more than €22 million in total, combining the club’s existing debt to Depay with future contractual commitments and excluding possible bonuses. Corinthians reportedly owed the forward €12.5 million, but he has agreed to a €3.5 million reduction. The remaining €9 million is due to be paid in four instalments, beginning in January. If the club misses a payment deadline, the discount will no longer apply.
Stabile said Depay had reduced his demands because of Corinthians’ financial needs and his own desire to stay. The president expressed confidence that the club would meet its obligations, while acknowledging that it plans to find commercial partners over the next two years. Depay is expected to rejoin the squad immediately and could return against Rosario Central in Thursday’s Copa Libertadores last-16 match.
Reported first by
- Memphis doet water bij de wijn en blijft tóch bij Corinthians— Voetbal International
This English write-up is our own summary of the reporting above. Full details remain with the original publishers — please read them at the source.